While You're Feeding the Economy with Your Special Refund Check, Let it Feed You Back
"Presidential Paycheck" Can Buy Hundreds of Domino's Pizza Meals
ANN ARBOR, Mich., April 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The gloom and doom about the economy is everywhere, but hope is on the horizon. As the economic stimulus checks get ready to roll out, Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ) wants to know ... just what will America do with all of that extra dough?
Hungry? Take advantage of Domino's recession-busting 444 Deal -- three, 10" pizzas for just four dollars each. With that in mind, a $600 refund check can buy you 150 pizza meals! However, Domino's knows that people won't spend their entire refund checks on pizza. Here's what else a $600 government paycheck can buy:
- A two-minute lesson from one of the world's top professional golfers (based on 2007 earnings)
- A three-day lease of the world's most expensive Italian sports car (assuming you have the $250,000 down)
- Nearly a half mile of fresh mint dental floss
- 685 yards (nearly seven football fields) of bubble wrap (for wrapping or stress relief)
- Six, 30-second commercials on a mid-sized market television station (just so there would be that many fewer political ads)
However, since people are more likely to order pizza than fork out cash for a television commercial or half a mile of dental floss, Domino's conducted an iCommunity(TM) survey among pizza consumers with Gongos Research Company to gain some insight into the effect the ominous economy has had on their spending and eating habits. Here's what the survey found:
- The average number of pizzas slices eaten by one person at dinner is 3.4. Considering Domino's 444 Deal has 18 slices, that means that five people can share one order-or, one person can get five meals out of it. If you're getting a $300 stimulus refund check, that means that you could buy 75 pizzas and make 132 meals out of it!
- On average, consumers feel that $6.80 is a fair price for a 10" one-topping pizza-that makes a $4, 10" one-topping pizza quite a deal!
Share Domino's 444 Deal with friends, family or office mates -- or order it for one and save the leftovers for another meal. The 444 Deal is available nationwide. Order it online or call a Domino's Pizza store near you.
About Domino's Pizza(R)
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery. Domino's is listed on the NYSE under the symbol "DPZ." Through its primarily franchised system, Domino's operates a network of 8,624 franchised and Company-owned stores in the United States and more than 55 countries. The Domino's Pizza(R) brand, named a Megabrand by Advertising Age magazine, had global retail sales of over $5.4 billion in 2007, comprised of $3.2 billion domestically and $2.2 billion internationally. Domino's Pizza was named "Chain of the Year" by Pizza Today magazine, the leading publication of the pizza industry and is the "Official Pizza of NASCAR(R)." Customers can place orders online in English and Spanish by visiting www.dominos.com or from a Web-enabled cell phone by visiting mobile.dominos.com. More information on the Company, in English and Spanish, can be found on the Web at www.dominos.com. Domino's Pizza. You Got 30 Minutes(TM).
SOURCE Domino's Pizza 04/21/2008 CONTACT: Stacey Bednarski of Domino's Pizza, +1-734-930-3274 firstname.lastname@example.org Web site: http://www.dominos.com http://mobile.dominos.com (DPZ)