Domino's® to Deliver Fire Safety Messages with the National Fire Protection Association during Fire Prevention Week
During Fire Prevention Week (
Customers who order from participating Domino's stores throughout the U.S. during Fire Prevention Week may also be surprised when their delivery arrives aboard a fire engine. If the smoke alarms in the home are working, the pizza is free. If the smoke alarms are not working, the firefighters will replace the batteries or install fully-functioning detectors.
"The Fire Prevention Week program is a great way to educate customers about fire safety," said
According to research from the NFPA, today's home fires burn faster than ever. From the time the smoke alarm sounds, you may have less than two minutes to escape a home fire safely.
"The synthetic fibers used in modern home furnishings, along with the fact that newer homes tend to be built with more open spaces and unprotected lightweight construction, all contribute to an increased rate at which fire burns," said
FireSafety Tips from Domino's and NFPA
- Draw a map of your home with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can't help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.
Founded in 1896, NFPA is a global, nonprofit organization devoted to eliminating death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest in furthering the NFPA mission. For more information, visit www.nfpa.org. All NFPA codes and standards can be viewed online for free at www.nfpa.org/freeaccess.
About Fire Prevention Week
NFPA has been the official sponsor of Fire Prevention Week since 1922. According to the
Founded in 1960,
Order – dominos.com
AnyWare Ordering – anyware.dominos.com
Company Info – biz.dominos.com
Twitter – twitter.com/dominos
Instagram – instagram.com/dominos
Please visit our Investor Relations website at biz.dominos.com to view a schedule of upcoming earnings releases, significant announcements and conference webcasts.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominos-to-deliver-fire-safety-messages-with-the-national-fire-protection-association-during-fire-prevention-week-300528523.html
Media Relations Contact: Danielle Bulger, 734-930-3546, firstname.lastname@example.org