Domino's® Continues Sponsorship of the DomiNoNo for 2015 MLB Season
All registered MLB.com users will be eligible to receive a free pizza. Domino's will give away 20,000 pizzas after each of the first two no-hitters during the 2015 MLB regular season. Spurred by furious social media activity and fan excitement, last year's first two no-hitters, which took place less than four weeks apart, saw the entire allotment of pizzas claimed in under ten minutes combined.
"What better way to celebrate one of the greatest achievements in sports – the no-hitter – than with free pizza?" said
The first 20,000 baseball fans who visit and log in to MLB.com/dominos beginning at
To further spur baseball fans' enthusiasm when a no-hitter is in progress, the promotion will again leverage multiple digital platforms. When a no-hitter is in progress through the sixth inning of any game, fans will be encouraged to follow #DomiNoNo and @MLB on Twitter for up-to-the-moment game alerts or watch live look-ins on MLB.com or the award-winning MLB.com At Bat mobile app.
Other diamond facts:
- Since 1901, there have been 239 no-hitters thrown, which is, on average, just more than two per season.
- In 2014, five no-hitters were thrown – one in May and two in June and September.
- The last season without a no-hitter was 2005.
- It would take 308 pizzas lined up to cover the distance around the bases of a
Major League Baseballdiamond, while the distance between the pitcher's mound and home plate is 52 pizzas.
- There's a Domino's within 4.5 miles of every
Major League Baseballstadium, and more than half of those stores are within 1.5 miles.
- Domino's delivery experts drive about 1.4 million miles a day – that's more than 19 million trips around the base paths.
Founded in 1960,
Order - www.dominos.com
Mobile - http://mobile.dominos.com
Info - www.dominosbiz.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/dominos
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominos-continues-sponsorship-of-the-dominono-for-2015-mlb-season-300060994.html
Tim McIntyre, Domino's Pizza, 734-930-3563, firstname.lastname@example.org