Domino's® Celebrates the Opening of Newest Housing Facility at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital®: The Domino's Village
Building features 140 fully furnished apartments for childhood cancer patients and their families
"We could not be any more excited to celebrate St. Jude's newest housing facility for patient families," said
Key Features of The Domino's Village
- The facility is six stories tall, with more than 307,000 square feet.
- It features 140 fully furnished apartments.
- The apartments range in size from one, two and three bedrooms, and will accommodate patient families of all sizes with different lengths of stay.
- Common areas in The Domino's Village include:
- Arts and
Craft Room– where children can paint, draw and create Community Kitchen– a place families can cook a meal or prepare a feast with other families
- Dining Room – The Domino's Village is the first St. Jude patient housing facility to have a dining facility operated by St. Jude Food Services, and it also features a drop-down movie screen.
- Outdoor Activity Space – features accessible play equipment, outdoor grills, patio tables, a large LED movie screen and a walking path
Rec Room– includes foosball, a pool table and gaming stations Toddler Room– a beach-themed play space designed just for the little ones, with a walk-in lighthouse and colorful mural with sea creatures, sailboats, and beach umbrellas Medical Clinic– featuring three exam rooms where patients can get medicine or pre-clinical work before a procedure at the hospital Fitness Room– offers fitness equipment, a space for yoga and other group fitness classes Sky Bridge– an elevated walkway over North Third Street, providing safe, easy access to other buildings on St. Jude's campus Nondenominational Prayer Room– a place to gather for meditation, reflection and prayer
- Arts and
"Thanks to this historic act of generosity by Domino's, which was the largest corporate commitment we had ever received, The Domino's Village will be a home away from home for St. Jude families who come for treatment from all 50 states and around the world," said
The Domino's Village is one of four housing facilities available to St. Jude patients and it is the first to accommodate both short- and long-term stays. It will welcome its first St. Jude patients and families in
Founded in 1960,
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominos-celebrates-the-opening-of-newest-housing-facility-at-st-jude-childrens-research-hospital-the-dominos-village-301941083.html
Danielle Bulger, 734-604-9902, email@example.com