Domino's® and the National Fire Protection Association to Deliver Fire Safety Messages to Homes Across the Country
To help spread the message, Domino's, the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, will deliver fliers with fire safety tips on top of pizza boxes to customers throughout participating markets in March.
"Domino's reaches thousands of people through delivery on a daily basis, and we want to use that opportunity to share fire safety tips with families across the country," said
According to the NFPA, having working smoke alarms reduces the risk of dying in a fire in half. On average, three out of every five home fire deaths result from fires in homes with no smoke alarms (38 percent) or no working smoke alarms (21 percent).
"Working smoke alarms can make the difference between life and death in a home fire," said
Stay safe with these tips from the NFPA:
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each separate sleeping area and on every level of the home, including the basement.
- For the best protection, interconnect all smoke alarms throughout the home. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Test smoke alarms once a month by pushing the test button.
- Smoke alarms with non-replaceable (long-life) batteries are designed to remain effective for up to 10 years. If the alarm chirps, warning that the battery is low, replace the entire smoke alarm right away.
- For smoke alarms that don't have non-replaceable (long-life) batteries, replace the batteries at least once a year. If the alarm chirps, replace only the battery.
- Be sure the smoke alarm includes the label of a recognized testing laboratory.
- Replace smoke alarms every 10 years.
- Develop and practice a home escape plan with all members of the household.
Founded in 1896, NFPA is a global, nonprofit organization devoted to eliminating death, injury, property and economic loss due to fire, electrical and related hazards. The association delivers information and knowledge through more than 300 consensus codes and standards, research, training, education, outreach and advocacy; and by partnering with others who share an interest in furthering the NFPA mission. For more information, visit www.nfpa.org. All NFPA codes and standards can be viewed online for free at www.nfpa.org/freeaccess.
Founded in 1960,
Order – dominos.com
AnyWare Ordering – anyware.dominos.com
Company Info – biz.dominos.com
Twitter – twitter.com/dominos
Instagram – instagram.com/dominos
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dominos-and-the-national-fire-protection-association-to-deliver-fire-safety-messages-to-homes-across-the-country-300231338.html
Jenny Fouracre, 734-930-3620 (Office), email@example.com