Domino's Delivers Top Honors To A World Class Team
LAS VEGAS, May 22, 2003 – Domino's Pizza rolled out the red carpet at its 2003 Worldwide Rally in Las Vegas, an event honoring the company's top team members for excellence in maintaining Domino's high standards and operational excellence. Nearly 3,300 Domino's team members attended the event held at the MGM Grand, where the company recognized more than 75 individuals with top awards.
Manager of the Year
The top individual honor, Manager of the Year, was awarded to Carrie DeLaurentis of Coronado, CA. DeLaurentis earned the title for her role in increasing her store's sales 13.6 percent, along with her effective leadership skills, commitment to her employees, community involvement and operational excellence – including raising the bar by setting standards adopted across the region. DeLaurentis, who earned the national title of Rookie Manager of the Year last year, took home a cash award of $10,000.
Busiest Store on the Planet
The Busiest Store on the Planet award went to a Domino's store in Camp LeJeune, NC. Managed by Ed Brusaw, the store's sales totaled nearly $2.4 million in 2002. The store also received the Busiest Store on the Planet award in 1998, 1999 and 2001.
Abroad, the Busiest International Store honor went to a Domino's store located in England, which saw sales climb above $1.7 million in 2002.
Additional Domino's Pizza honors were awarded in the following categories:
- Rookie Manager of the Year – Nathan Loughman of Olive Branch, MS, was honored for best overall performance for a first-time manager. Overseeing the busiest store in the state, he increased sales by 12 percent in 2002. Loughman's keys to success are putting his people first, setting standards and goals for his team to strive for and focusing on the store's commitment to community, especially within the school system.
- Partner of the Year – Dick Hafner and Joe Romano of C.S.P.H., Inc. in Dallas, TX, were given this Award for consistently supporting The Partners Foundation's mission with a generous donation of over $28,000 in 2002. The Partners Foundation is Domino's internal resource for team members in need of financial assistance.
- Franchise Trainer of the Year – Lillian Sanchez of La Puenta, CA, has impacted the growth of her employees through one-on-one coaching and live training environments. Under her direction, employee turnover has been reduced 30 percent and profits are up by 10 percent.
- Franchise Supervisor of the Year – Pedro Lopez of West Covina, CA, oversees six stores with one boasting 12 record weeks and an increase in area sales of more than 14 percent. By putting his team first and focusing on training his employees to the best of his ability, Lopez reduced turnover by 30 percent in 2002.
- Franchise Regional Manager of the Year – Ken Schroepfer of Baton Rouge, LA, helped open five stores and prevented two from closing while increasing area sales by more than two percent over the prior year.
- Corporate Operations Director of the Year – Asi Sheikh of New York, NY, a corporate operations director since 1996, led the corporate system in sales growth with a 5.3 percent increase.
- Corporate Regional Manager of the Year – Emanuele Acquafredda of New York, NY, a corporate regional manager since 1997, had a same store sales increase of 8.2 percent.
- Corporate Trainer of the Year – Carol Christopherson of Salt Lake City, UT, has the highest operational excellence performance in Domino's corporate system, a result of her loyalty and dedication to her team members' training and education.
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza operates a network of 7,253 Company-owned and franchised stores in the United States and more than 50 countries. Domino's is the recognized leader in pizza delivery with worldwide sales approaching $4 billion in 2002. Domino's Pizza is committed to leading the industry in product quality and operational excellence. Domino's Pizza was named the 2003 Chain of the Year by Pizza Today magazine, the leading publication in the pizza industry. Domino's Pizza can be found on the Internet at www.dominos.com.