Domino's Pizza Pledges Support to St. Jude's Thanks & Giving Campaign
ANN ARBOR, Mich., Nov. 21 /PRNewswire/ --
- Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ), the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, is planning to raise a lot of dough for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital during its 2005 Thanks and Giving Campaign. Beginning today through the end of the holiday season, participating Domino's Pizza stores will be asking customers to add a dollar to their order to benefit the kids of St. Jude.
During this year's Thanks and Giving Campaign, Domino's is joining a long list of celebrities (including Antonio Banderas, Morgan Freeman, Faith Hill, Sarah Jessica Parker, Ray Romano, and Robin Williams), retail and corporate sponsors in an effort to ask shoppers to give thanks for the children in their lives who are healthy by giving to those who are not. Domino's goal is to raise $1 million, including a guaranteed donation of $500,000 from Domino's Pizza, Inc., in addition to the money raised at the stores.
"St. Jude makes miracles possible for children battling serious illnesses every single day," said David A. Brandon, Chairman and CEO of Domino's Pizza. "Part of being a good corporate citizen is to embrace and support charitable organizations doing great work. I encourage everyone to add a dollar to their Domino's Pizza purchase this holiday season knowing that their money is going directly to the life-saving treatment and research at St. Jude."
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. Every research breakthrough at St. Jude is immediately and freely shared with the scientific community worldwide, impacting the lives of children in communities across America and around the globe.
In 2004, Domino's Pizza franchisees and team members voted St. Jude as the company's national philanthropic partner. This announcement launched a three- year partnership to assist the hospital in the life-saving care and research it provides to children around the world. Thus far, Domino's has assisted St. Jude with more than $350,000 in monetary and in-kind support and helped build awareness by putting the St. Jude logo on millions of pizza boxes.
About Domino's Pizza:
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery. Domino's is listed on the NYSE under the symbol "DPZ." Through its primarily franchised system, Domino's operates a network of 7,945 franchised and Company-owned stores in the United States and more than 50 countries. The Domino's Pizza(R) brand, named a Megabrand by Advertising Age magazine, had global retail sales of more than $4.6 billion in 2004, comprised of nearly $3.2 billion domestically and more than $1.4 billion internationally. Domino's Pizza was named "Chain of the Year" by Pizza Today magazine, the leading publication of the pizza industry and is the "Official Pizza of NASCAR(R)." More information on the Company, in English and Spanish, can be found on the web at http://www.dominos.com .
About St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. Founded by late entertainer Danny Thomas, St. Jude has treated children from every state in the U.S. and from more than 70 foreign countries.
* St. Jude opened its doors in 1962 and sees approximately 200 children every day.
* Every breakthrough at St. Jude is immediately and freely shared with the scientific and medical communities worldwide. That's why St. Jude is called the "hospital without walls."
* No child is ever turned away because of a family's inability to pay.
* St. Jude has increased the survival rate of the most common form of childhood cancer, acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), from 4 percent when the hospital opened to 86 percent today.
* Eighty-four cents of every dollar received goes directly to research and treatment.
* St. Jude has become the nation's third largest healthcare charity, supporting a daily operating cost of more than $1 million.
More information is available at http://www.stjude.org , where visitors can view the celebrity spots, learn about the corporate partners, buy unique merchandise designed by the patients at St. Jude, meet some of the patients, and enjoy a special kids section with interactive games and information on how kids can give back to kids in need.
SOURCE Domino's Pizza, Inc.
CONTACT: Dana Harville of Domino's Pizza, Inc., +1-734-930-3741,
Web site: http://www.dominos.com