Domino's Pizza Partners with the National Fire Protection Association to Deliver Fire Safety Messages
"Spring has arrived, and with spring cleaning comes a timely reminder to take steps to keep your home safe from the threat of fire," said
According to NFPA, roughly two-thirds of home fire deaths happen in homes with no smoke alarms or no working smoke alarms. Domino's is reminding customers that a great time to change the batteries in their smoke alarms is when daylight saving time begins in March. As part of the spring campaign, customers who order from participating Domino's Pizza stores may be surprised when their delivery arrives aboard a fire engine. If all the smoke alarms in the home are working, the pizza is free. If a smoke alarm is not working, the firefighters will replace the batteries or smoke alarm and leave the home with a fully functioning fire safety device.
"Spring is the perfect time for a refresher on fire safety tips that should be followed year-round to make home fires less likely to happen," said
Important spring cleaning home fire safety tips from the NFPA:
Fact: Working smoke alarms cut the risk of dying in reported home fires in half.
- Ensure smoke alarms are installed inside every bedroom, outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home, including the basement.
- Test them at least once a month by pushing the test button.
- Replace batteries in all smoke alarms at least once a year. If an alarm "chirps," warning the battery is low, replace the battery right away.
Fact: The leading cause of home clothes dryer fires is failure to clean them.
- Clean the lint filter before or after each load of laundry. Remove lint that has collected around the drum.
- Keep the area around your dryer clear of things that can burn, like boxes, cleaning supplies and clothing.
Fact: Most cooking fires in the home involve the stovetop.
- Keep anything that can catch fire — oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels or curtains — away from your stovetop.
- Always stay in the kitchen when frying on the stovetop.
Fact: Extension cord fires outnumbered fires beginning with permanent or detachable power cords by two-to-one.
- Check electrical cords to make sure they are not running across doorways or under carpets. Extension cords are intended for temporary use.
- Have a qualified electrician add more receptacle outlets so you don't have to use extension cords.
For more fire safety tips, visit www.nfpa.org/safetytips.
NFPA is a worldwide leader in fire, electrical, building, and life safety. The mission of the international nonprofit organization founded in 1896 is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training, and education.
About Domino's Pizza®
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza is the recognized world leader in pizza delivery. Domino's is listed on the
Jen Hug, +1-734-277-4287 (Mobile), email@example.com