Domino's and NASCAR fun facts
ANN ARBOR, Mich. - February 13, 2003 – Domino's Pizza, the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, is joining forces with the National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) and Coca-Cola to provide food, fun and entertainment across the country as the "Official Pizza of NASCAR". With extensive training, fanatical attention to detail and a winning spirit, Domino's and NASCAR is an unbeatable team.
Did you know?
- A typical pit crew is charged with changing four tires, refueling the car and making minor adjustments in 20 seconds or less.
- The World's Fastest Pizza Maker makes 14 pizzas in 2 minutes and 35 seconds. That's a pizza every 11 seconds.
- Drivers of 43 team haulers drive approximately 65,000 miles each season, making the total mileage covered by NASCAR haulers 2,795,000 miles each year.
- Domino's Pizza drivers cover 9 million miles each week in the U.S. alone. That's 37.5 times around the moon every week!
- Racing is as popular in the world of sports as pizza is in the realm of food – major individual races attract larger crowds than the Super Bowl, World Series and NBA finals…combined!
- According to an American Dairy Association random sampling survey, pizza is America's most craved food, behind cheese, chocolate and ice cream.
Parallels in terminology
- NASCAR: An "over the wall" pit crew consists of the gas-can man, the catch-can man, the rear-tire carrier, the rear-tire changer, the jack man, the front-tire changer and the front-tire carrier. Each member, with headset on and equipment in hand, finds his spot on the wall, which separates them from pit road, and gets ready to rumble. Pit crews do whatever they can to accomplish their job quickly yet safely.
- Domino's take: Domino's Pizza team members work much in the same way as a NASCAR pit crew. It takes careful coordination and strategic planning to flawlessly execute a pizza from order to delivery. Time saved in the store is more time for the driver to safely make the delivery.
- NASCAR: In racing, an apron is the paved area directly below the racing surface that separates the track from the infield.
- Domino's take: An accessory to keep Domino's uniforms spiffy clean.
- NASCAR: Bite is a car's ability to "stick," or adhere, to the track.
- Domino's take: One bite into a Domino's Pizza or any of our sides and you'll be hooked forever.
- NASCAR: A reference to a race car's performance with relation to the driver's ability to control it. Suspension, tires and air flow all contribute.
- Domino's take: We handle all orders with precision, operating with smart hustle and positive energy.
About Domino's Pizza
Founded in 1960, Domino's Pizza, the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, operates a network of 7,138 Company-owned and franchised stores in the United States and more than 50 international markets. Domino's is committed to leading the industry in product quality and operational excellence.